Building an Information System for software development teams- Internship
Murex is a recognized global leader in software development for trading, risk management and processing. Every day banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world, rely on Murex people and Murex solutions to support their capital markets activities. Our motto “pioneering again” sums it all up: since its creation, Murex has reinvented itself time and again to adapt to capital markets revolutions – each time offering innovative software solutions to the industry.
Over 2000 specialists are located across our 17 offices: Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Moscow, New York, Paris, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto
Ever since its creation in 1986, Murex has played a leading role in proposing effective technology as a catalyst for growth and innovation in capital markets. Be part of the Murex R&D department and contribute to our platform’s evolution in a dynamic environment exhibiting the software industry’s latest trends.
As part of its continuous effort to improve the quality of its products, Murex has defined a maturity model for its software development teams.
This maturity model is a lightweight tool that software teams use to assess, on a scale from 1 to 4, the maturity level of their practices. This assessment enable the software team to make decision on improvement actions and to monitor their progress.
As this model has been recently introduced, Murex software development teams lack the information system to manage this activity.
The goal of the internship is to equip all Murex software development team with the maturity model information system. The information system should:
- enable teams to easily conduct the maturity model assessment and collect their assessment results
- provide visual dashboards for the assessment results for all teams (i.e. radial graphs, etc.)
- provide data querying and mining capabilities to generate reports
- integrate with project management information system (JIRA)
The internship is split in three parts.
In the first phase aims at getting a good understanding of the needs and clarifying the requirements with the stakeholders. It’s also the opportunity to get familiar with the information systems landscape for development teams.
A second phase consist of researching the possible approaches to answer the needs, two possibilities are suggested; integrating and extending an existing information system, or building a fit to purpose web application.
The last phase consist in designing and developing the solution in an iterative and incremental approach.
- You will be proactive and self-driven.
- You will be a team player, communicating and building relationships.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have a first experience in software development, web application development is a bonus.
- You have a good level in written and spoken English.
- Experience in test-driven development is an advantage
- Good knowledge in working with relational or NoSQL databases
Navid is a Technical Consultant in our Production & Architecture Consulting team.
Khaled is a Front Office Java Development Team Leader in our Software Development team.
Grégory is a development team leader in our Software Development team.