Java Developer Internship
Murex is a leader in the provision of trading and risk management technology. Established in Paris in 1986, Murex opened its Dublin office in 2001 to co ordinate the worldwide development, sales and support of its cutting edge risk management technology. Murex software is used by the world's leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses and corporations to price, analyse and manage their derivative exposures for foreign exchange, interest rate, equity, commodity, inflation and credit derivatives.
The candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting the ‘Murex Limit Controller’ risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
This is an internship position and it is most suitable for students at a minimum of the second year of their degree or recent graduates who have an outstanding academic record and who are interested in becoming a functional java developer in a client focused business. Candidate must be available in Ireland for 6 months.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the existing application.
- Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
- Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
- Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
- Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to MLC (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
- On track to achieve 1.1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering/ Physics
- 450+ CAO points in Leaving Certificate (or equivalent – please state)
- Knowledge of Java programming is a prerequisite
- Fluent written and oral English is essential
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to work on both short-term and to ensure client demands are fully met
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
- Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
Note: The first stage in the selection process is a written technical test covering Programming, Databases, Architecture & Systems, Operating Systems and OOP, Java & XML. You will need to have a good understanding of each section in order to meet the required standard and you should take this into consideration when submitting your application.
This is a intern / graduate entry level position, and as such we are specifically interested in your academic background. Please ensure your CV states Leaving Certificate subjects, level, grades achieved and CAO points (or equivalent). Please also ensure you state your degree result eg 1.1, 2.1 (or equivalent).
You must hold a valid work permit allowing you to work in Ireland.
Navid is a Technical Consultant in our Production & Architecture Consulting team.
Khaled is a Front Office Java Development Team Leader in our Software Development team.
Grégory is a development team leader in our Software Development team.