Murex is a leader in the provision of trading and risk management technology. Established in Paris in 1986, Murex opened its Dublin office in 2001 to co ordinate the worldwide development, sales and support of its cutting edge risk management technology. Murex software is used by the world's leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses and corporations to price, analyse and manage their derivative exposures for foreign exchange, interest rate, equity, commodity, inflation and credit derivatives.
Murex has had to continuously adapt in order to maintain its leadership in the fast-paced, global and highly competitive industry in which it operates. The result is a dynamic, fast growing company where team players with initiative can take responsibility quickly. Murex is growing by 20-30 per cent every year in terms of both sales and staff count.
The candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting the risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
- Maintenance, support and enhancement of the existing application.
- Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
- Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
- Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
- Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to MLC (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
Professional / Academic
- 2.1 or higher degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering
- 450+ Leaving Certificate Points (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years’ experience of java programming is a prerequisite
- Experience with 3-tier architectures
- Experience with multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Fluent English is essential
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to work on both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
- Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all aspects of work
- Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.
Navid is a Technical Consultant in our Production & Architecture Consulting team.
Khaled is a Front Office Java Development Team Leader in our Software Development team.
Grégory is a development team leader in our Software Development team.