Quality Control Engineer
Murex is a recognized global leader in software development for the financial markets industry (trading, risk management and processing). Every day banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world, rely on Murex people and Murex solutions to support their capital markets activities. Our motto “pioneering again” sums it all up: since its creation, Murex has reinvented itself time and again to adapt to capital markets revolutions – each time offering innovative software solutions to the industry.
Over 2000 specialists are located around the world in the Americas (New York, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Santiago), EMEA (Paris, Luxembourg, Moscow, Dublin, London, Beirut, Dubai) and APAC (Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo).
Improve the customers’ experience of MX quality perception of the assigned module through continuous quality control and coverage enhancement based on market evolution and customers’ use of the MX platform.
- Analyze results of automated tests and follow up on identified issues (regressions, bugs, impacts…) by performing root cause analysis, fixing / adapting the test when relevant and possible, and following up with corresponding peers (Developers and Product Managers) till resolution
- Design, maintain and execute automated and manual test scenarios
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to his / her management on progress of issues and tasks and escalate problems when necessary
- Develop product and financial expertise through continuous learning i.e. e-learning, reading, on-the-job experience, embedment, knowledge sharing …
- Develop technical & testing expertise through on the job and continuous learning
- Share acquired expertise with peers through knowledge base, collaboration, training
- Suggest new ideas and approaches to enhance current processes and procedures
- Build and develop a solid network within Quality Control team and with product managers, developers …
- Engineering degree (bachelor or masters) or equivalent
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Financial background is a plus
- English is a must. French a plus
- Knowledge in technical environments such as SQL, XML, Unix, Windows
- Knowledge in scripting / programming languages and troubleshooting (python, perl, groovy, Java, C…)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Communication skills written and spoken
- Teamwork and cross group collaboration
- Drive for excellence
- Eagerness to learn and develop on a broad scope (functional, product, finance and technical)
- Ability to work under pressure in a continuously evolving & challenging environment