Murex is a recognized global leader in software development for trading, risk management and processing. Every day banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world, rely on Murex people and Murex solutions to support their capital markets activities. Our motto “pioneering again” sums it all up: since its creation, Murex has reinvented itself time and again to adapt to capital markets revolutions – each time offering innovative software solutions to the industry.
Over 2000 specialists are located across our 17 offices: Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Moscow, New York, Paris, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto
The role will be to provide technical support and ensure the availability of the underlying Murex infrastructure, and mainly its VMware ESX, Solaris, Linux and AIX based systems on which Client support and the Murex software production chain is delivered 24*7.
Within the job you will plan and execute upgrades both software and hardware, implement systems monitoring, contribute with the developers to the support workflows automation and evolution.
- Provide technical support focused on SAN storage ,VMware ESX, Solaris, Linux and AIX operations : Analyze and manage and resolve incidents, according to the Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identify underlying root causes of recurring problems to improve the overall stability of the infrastructure
- Identify potential technology enhancements to improve the technical support, where possible.
- Contribute to the knowledge database build and update: Write and update documentation covering technical aspects ,Write troubleshooting procedures and other in depth technical documentation for internal usage
- Work in cross team collaboration environment, Sharing knowledge and expertise to leverage the technical skills within the team
- Provide technical support to Murex remote offices as internal clients in order to enable them to focus on their own core business
- Computer science or engineering degree
- 0-2 years relevant experience in troubleshooting technical issues or systems administration
- power user skills in either UNIX, Linux or Windows
- Scripting Skills: Unix/Windows Shell scripting
- Programming Skills: Java, C ,C#(is a plus)
- Database system operations Skills: SQL (query building and performance analysis)
- a good understanding of TCP/IP network communication and overlaying protocols
- have the interest and capacity for Cross team collaboration
- A Drive for technical excellence and continuous improvement